Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Berlin, Germany






Berlin, Germany was gorgeous! I loved all of the architecture and history the city offered. I thought that all of the castles, churches, and other buildings were beautiful. Learning about the history of the city and how there are still some tensions among members of the city was fascinating to me.





The story of traffic light guy really helped to outline the divisions that remain in Berlin. It was interesting to find out that it is possible to tell which part of Berlin you are in simply by looking at the traffic lights. I think that the most interesting part of traffic light guy is that, though he was born in Communism, he remains in West Berlin, which was not Communist. The differences that remain between East and West Berlin are very obvious, but it is something that I had never heard about in the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment